Note

Quick Note: I've stopped using Disqus for my comment platform so all previous comments are gone, but I didn't delete any of your comments. I'm only using the default blogger comment system now.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Review: True Blue Shea Cashmere Dry Shampoo


Product: True Blue Spa Shea Cashmere Dry Shampoo (from Bath and Body Works)

Price: $15

Long Story:
Let me just start off by saying that I am (and never was) fond of scents that belong to the very sweet vanilla, cupcake, cake categories... but they didn't have dry shampoos in any other scents.
This True Blue Spa line had a buy 2 get 1 free deal going on, so I thought that if I bought 3, this would be a really great cheap dry shampoo. I purposely went to the store with one-day old hair so I could try this product. There wasn't much left in the tester bottle so I could only try on a little bit. This dry shampoo has a vanilla scent. Because I couldn't really test it out properly in the store due to the minimal amount left in the tester can, I decided to buy it and try it at home. I quickly regretted my decision... The scent is way too strong! I sprayed some on my roots and the whole bathroom smelled like the shampoo. Wherever I walked, I could smell the strong scent as if a donut has melted in my hair X_X. Other people around me also thought the scent was too strong as my hair quickly filled the entire room with this over-powering sweet scent.
As for the actual practical result of this dry shampoo... I would say it works alright. It does its job and it did help take away grease from my hair without leaving any white, powdery residue, but I also find that it dries up my hair a bit too much. My hair almost feels like hay after applying this. I guess if you don't mind sweet melted donut on your head, this would be a great buy.

Short Story:
Pros:
Takes away grease.
Easy application.
No white, powdery residue.
Cons:
Scent is TOO strong. Only comes in this one scent.
Dries up my hair too much.

Verdict:
If you can stand the smell, this is a great budget dry shampoo to use if you do the buy 2 get 1 free deal. However, I'd advice you to use this only if you will be outdoors or in a very open area, otherwise the smell will linger around in your rooms. Or... wait until they come out with another more pleasant scent lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, talk to me =D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...