Note

Quick Note: I've stopped using Disqus for my comment platform so all previous comments are gone, but I didn't delete any of your comments. I'm only using the default blogger comment system now.

Friday, June 8, 2012

Nails: Warm Peacock

Hi all!
Finally, a nail tutorial after so long!

I'm calling this one "warm peacock" because it looks like the tail feathers of a peacock, except instead of the cool blues and greens, my nails have the warm oranges and yellows ;)



This was my first time trying out the toothpick technique. Let me know what you think =]
And if you like this design, keep reading for the tutorial.



STEP 1: Base color.
Using a clear or a pale pink polish, paint your base coat.

*In case you are following this tutorial step by step as you do your nails, please read step #2 - #5 first before you start painting on your nails because you have to do those steps fast enough so that the polish does not dry up in the middle.


STEP 2: White polish.
Take a white nail polish and paint a curved line near the top half of your nail, and another line at the tip.



STEP 3: Yellow polish.
In between the two white lines, paint a yellow line.



STEP 4: Orange polish.
Add an orangey-coral polish at the bottom of all the curved lines.



STEP 5: Strokes with a toothpick.
Take the end of a toothpick and glide it from the middle of your nail to the tip in several strokes to achieve this effect.



STEP 6: Small dots.
Using a toothpick, again, make dots on your nails.



STEP 7: Accent nail.
If you like, you can make the nail on your ring finger an accent nail. Paint it the same color as the dots.



STEP 8: Rhinestones.
As a last little touch, add some red rhinestones to your nails.
And if you made an accent nail, add yellow rhinestones on it.

Then, add a top coat to protect your design and you're done =]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, talk to me =D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...