Note

Quick Note: I've stopped using Disqus for my comment platform so all previous comments are gone, but I didn't delete any of your comments. I'm only using the default blogger comment system now.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Good discovery, bad discovery

A while ago, my brother and I saw a brand new Japanese restaurant (called Gawa) opening, so we decided to go give it a try. A first look at the menu gave me these initial thoughts: "hey, pretty decent prices and a pretty wide selection of rolls that I eat (since I am really picky and I don't eat a lot of things". Unfortunately, when the food came, the reality was far from what I had in mind.

Before I even get to the food, I wanna say that it took a long time for the food to come. The restaurant was not busy at all. In fact, there were maybe two tables, including us, seated inside the entire place, so I didn't understand why the kitchen was so slow.

Putting the speed aside... Here's the food:

1. Mango avocado yam tempura roll? (I don't remember what it was called):
The presentation was alright... could be better. It tasted okay, but there was too much rice and the yam tempura was COLD =_=.

2. Spider roll:
The crab was too salty and wasn't hot.

...and again, too much rice!
Look at the proportion of rice to the other ingredients in the roll O_O...

That new restaurant was such a disappointment. I certainly will not recommend others to go there, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt and maybe try this place one more time in the future. Maybe they were still figuring things out during their first few days of opening, so I hope their food quality will improve later on.

Thankfully, I discovered something yummy to counter the disappointment...
Krispy Kreme!! =D


Look at these beautiful, fatty, yum-yums.

I'm not sure if discovering the Krispy Kreme was a good thing or a bad thing... because I know I will be returning for sure (hopefully not too frequently) and I'm going to gain a few pounds from all that yummy goodness badness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, talk to me =D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...